The IACEA By-Laws says that the state shall be divided into 5 regions with each region having a Senior Director and a Junior Director. The Junior Director is elected by members of each individual region and then moves into the Senior Director position the following year.
All Junior and Senior Directors are voting members. All Junior Directors are members of the Marketing Committee and Senior Directors are members of the Membership Committee. Other duties include helping promote IACEA at the fall conferences by establishing a table to display membership and all other relevant information, conducting the 50/50 drawings and assisting with the IACEA conference session. The Regional Directors make contact with IACEA members in their regions at least once a year.
The regions and the counties in them are as follows:
- Region 1 includes Cook, DuPage, Lake and Will.
- Region 2 includes Boone, Bureau, Carroll, DeKalb, Grundy, Henry, Jo-Daviess, Kane, Kendall, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Marshall, Mercer, Ogle, Putnam, Rock-Island, Stark, Stephenson. Whiteside and Winnebago.
- Region 3 includes Adams, Bond, Brown, Calhoun, Cass, Christian, Fayette, Fulton, Greene, Hancock, Henderson, Jersey, Knox, Logan, Macoupin, McDonough, Mason, Menard, Montgomery, Morgan, Peoria, Pike, Sangamon, Schuyler, Scott, Tazwell, and Warren.
- Region 4 includes Champaign, Clark, Coles, Cumberland, Dewitt, Douglas, Edgar, Ford, Iroquois, Kankakee, Livingston, Macon, McLean, Moultrie, Piatt, Shelby, Vermillion and Woodford.
- Region 5 includes Alexander, Clay, Clinton, Crawford, Edwards, Effingham, Franklin, Gallatin, Hamilton, Hardin, Jackson, Jasper, Jefferson, Johnson, Lawrence, Madison, Marion, Massac, Monroe, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Randolph, Richland, St. Clair, Saline, Union, Wabash, Washington, Wayne, White, and Williamson.